North Shore Day Camp Enrollment & Fees
Important Dates to Remember for
Summer 2014 at North Shore
- 8 Weeks
- June 30 - Aug 22, 2014
- 6 Weeks
- Any 6 Weeks from
June 30 – August 22, 2014
- 4 Weeks
- June 30 – July 25, 2014
July 28 – August 22, 2014
- 3 Weeks
- Any 3 Weeks from either
June 30 – July 25, 2014
or July 28 – August 22, 2014
Any, 4, 5, or 7 Weeks –
Contact us For Availability
We will be closed Friday, July 4, 2014
Nursery - 4th Grade
|1st 4 Weeks
6/30 – 7/25
|2nd 4 Weeks
7/28 – 8/22
6/30 – 7/25
7/28 – 8/22
|Any 4, 5 or 7 Weeks||Contact us for availability|
Standard Payment $1500 deposit on enrollment with balance paid in full by May 15, 2014
North Shore Day Camp’s No Tipping Policy is unique on Long Island!
Keep your wallet in your pocket next summer, and let US pay your counselor tips!
North Shore Day Camp's No Tipping Policy is unique on Long Island!
- Compensating the staff should be OUR job - Not yours!
- Tipping is uncomfortable for both parents and staff.
- Did you give enough? Did you give too much?
- Taking a tip reduces professionalism.
- End of the summer tips do nothing to positively affect the course of your child's summer - while it is in progress! There are better ways to say "thank you"
We have a better way:
- We start with the highest salaries in the camp professional and then set aside a maximum $750 bonus for every counselor above their salaries - So in essence: your tips are "on us"!
- We'll be asking you to send us a confidential evaluation on our staff two times during and once at the end of the summer. This ensures that we have on-going feedback on how you think our staff is doing.
- What you say and what we see will be used to give regular in-camp performance cash bonuses to our staff during the summer!
Why worry about end-of-the-summer tips for your child's group counselors, bus counselor, bus driver, swim instructor and division leader? Tipping only adds unnecessary costs to your child's summer camp.
At North Shore Day Camp, we are always searching for the best ways to provide the best summer for our campers. Paying the highest salaries to attract the top staff recruits is a good start. With our superior Staff Training Program and In-Camp Evaluation and Bonus Program, we ensure high staff motivation by rewarding outstanding performance. That's what we want from our staff and that's what we believe, you want from us.
Tips can add up to $350 or more to the cost of your child's summer at camp. Why not let US take care of the tips?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is North Shore Day Camp?
- Click here for detailed driving directions
- When should I enroll my child?
- Since space is limited in each age group, we suggest the earlier the better. Early Enrollment and Early Payment discounts apply until October 15th.
- How do I get more information?
- We’d like to hear from you. Either send us an e-mail or call us between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. any weekday at (516) 676-0904. Ask for Paula.
- Where are most of the children from?
- All across Nassau County, Queens, and even a few campers from Suffolk and Manhattan!
- What are the group sizes?
- 2½ -4 year olds: twelve to fifteen campers. 5 years and older: fourteen to sixteen campers.
- What does my child need to bring to camp each day?
- Just pack a bathing suit (or two) in your camp bag and some sunscreen. We provide EVERYTHING else!