Health & Nutrition
North Shore Takes Great Pride in Having a Dynamic & Delicious Menu!
Nutrition and healthy eating are as important to us at North Shore Day Camp as they are to you as parents. We know that a balanced meal plan for our campers will mean more energy to have FUN day in and day out!
We offer a menu of the highest quality kid-friendly foods available – with lots of alternatives every day. We take all of our camper’s likes and dislikes seriously, and we do our best to make sure that there is something for everyone, everyday.
NSDC is highly “nut-aware” and dedicated to working with our camp families to accommodate any and every special dietary need.
Sample Daily Entrees:
- Baked Chicken Tenders with mixed vegetables
- Oven-baked pizza
- BBQ with Hebrew National hot dogs, beef & veggie burgers and cucumber salad
- Whole Wheat Grilled Cheese with Corn
- Cheese & Chicken Quesadillas with mixed vegetables
- Oven Baked Ziti with Broccoli
We Also Offer:
- Daily deluxe salad, deli & sandwich bar – includes meats, cheeses, bagels, bread, wraps, dressings, salad toppings
- Fresh fruit – a range of refreshing ‘in season’ fruits like bananas, apples, plums, nectarines, and pears
- Daily yogurt – available in assorted flavors
- Daily pasta – pasta with a choice of tomato sauce, butter and/or parmesan cheese
- Iced water & fresh juices
- Kosher & vegetarian options available
Click for Sample Menu
Health & Safety
North Shore Day Camp’s commitment to the health and safety of every child is unsurpassed. At NSDC, a child’s emotional safety is as important as his or her physical safety. North Shore Day Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), and every member of the staff undergoes an extensive safety training program.
Our health center is staffed all hours of the camp day by 2 registered nurses. Camp is located 6 minutes from the Glen Cove Hospital.